ONE Creative environments (ONE) is looking for a talented Technical Director to join their well-established and award-winning team.
ONE has seen great success and is committed to further growth. Our 5-year plan will take the multi-disciplinary company to the next level and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of this journey and help drive further growth of our MEP team.
You may already be an experienced Technical Director looking to progress your career to the next level. You will be degree qualified with a minimum of 4/5 years post qualification experience in Building Services.
Your experience will include a portfolio of completed projects across a range of sectors where you have delivered high quality design solutions and you will be able to demonstrate an ability to deliver projects accurately and on time. Flexibility, the ability to manage your own workload and being adaptable to differing tasks, are key to succeeding in this role.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility and freedom to grow the MEP team – this is a chance to really build the Building Services team, provide lead management, and inspire and further develop the team’s skills and qualities.
You will take the lead role in securing work for the Building Services team, while supporting other disciplines in business development, and manage the discipline’s workload programming.
You will ensure the commercial interests of the Project Employer and the Company are safeguarded, take a lead role in the Consultant Appointment process to identify necessary fees and absolutely contribute to the success of the company.
The role also entails providing design proposals, professional expertise, and support, working in direct collaboration with the project design teams in competently implementing the requirements of individual project briefs while also performing the role of Design Team Leader (DTL) where so named in the Project Quality Plan (PQP).
- Defining, recording, and maintaining by appropriate means the project brief information from the client and/or other relevant parties to determine design input information.
- Preparing feasibility studies, building services strategy documents, fee proposals, and briefing documents, as necessary.
- The preparation of tender information to include services layouts, schematics and accompanying documents i.e., specifications; generally using BIM models where practical.
- Preparing detailed designs and/or construction details for whole (traditional) projects, buildings, elements or components, including: associated specifications, schedules, calculations, and the like; generally using BIM models where practical.
- Clearly communicating by appropriate means, proposed solutions to all design team members and client team.
- Attending meetings taking, preparing, checking, and issuing minutes where required.
- Acting as the point of contact for own discipline with other Lead Designers and the like.
- Preparing and coordinating discipline work stage programs for the design process.
- Coordinating the design of constructional elements including work by other disciplines and consultants, specialists, or suppliers.
- Coordinating and managing a team to undertake stage 5 sub-contractor MEP BIM Deliverables packages.
- Ensuring the form and content of design outputs, their interfaces and verification procedures are in accordance with the requirements of the PQP.
- Contribute to the Consultant Appointment process to identify necessary fees.
- Ensure the allocated project resources for which you are responsible return a profit, but without risk to Clients, or the Company. Wherever it would be reasonably apparent that profitability of resources allocated cannot be assured, the circumstances are to be reported to the relevant Director/Associate Director.
- From information provided by the Design Team Leader (DTL) calculate, adjust, and agree requirements and costs for the involvement of own discipline project resources.
- Monitor and report on progress of own discipline to the DTL ensuring that resource utilisation for own discipline remains within the budget agreed; and
- Report to the DTL any disruptions to the resource utilisation caused by reasons beyond own control and otherwise explain any discrepancies in anticipated profitability as soon as such discrepancies become apparent.
What’s on offer:
ONE is a well-established and award-winning company that has seen great success and is committed to further growth. Our 5-year plan will take the company to the next level and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of this journey and help drive further growth of our MEP team.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive package in a flexible working environment with an established, collaborative, and successful team. You will have the opportunity to produce innovative, creative, and sustainable solutions with a diverse workload and in a BIM environment.
ONE is an equal opportunities employer, Investor in People and provides great training and career development opportunities. The company invests in individuals’ wellbeing with a range of benefits and activities to include a car allowance at 8% of salary. Further details are available here.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like an informal chat, please contact Marcus Spencer, Technical Director MEP on 01905 362300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V.Back To Jobs