ONE Creative environments (ONE) is looking for a talented MEP Engineer to join their Worcester (Midlands) Team.
ONE is a long established, international and award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy with ambitious plans for further growth. Their aim is not just to offer a job opportunity, but a career where you will receive the support and encouragement to reach your aspirations.
You may already be an experienced Design Engineer looking to progress your career to the next level.
Your experience will include a portfolio of completed projects across a range of sectors where you have delivered high quality design solutions and you will be able to demonstrate an ability to deliver projects accurately and on time. Flexibility, the ability to manage your own workload and being adaptable to differing tasks, are key to succeeding in this role.
The successful candidate will work as part of the wider team, interfacing with clients, contractors and fellow designers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as being able to work collaboratively, are essential.
As a business operating across all sectors of the built environment, you will be expected to undertake a range of duties from contractor designs to outline feasibility studies. You will also need to be able to provide design leadership for ONE’s array of varied and interesting projects across a range of sectors including leisure, healthcare, industrial, residential, education and commercial.
- Defining, recording, and maintaining by appropriate means project brief information from the client and/or other relevant parties to determine design input information.
- Preparing feasibility studies, building services strategy documents, fee proposals, and briefing documents, as necessary.
- The preparation of tender information to include services layouts, schematics and accompanying documents i.e., specifications; generally using BIM models where practical.
- Preparing detailed designs and/or construction details for whole (traditional) projects, buildings, elements or components, including associated specifications, schedules, calculations and the like; generally using BIM models where practical.
- Clearly communicating by appropriate means proposed solutions to all design team members and client team.
- Attending meetings, taking, preparing, checking, and issuing minutes where required.
- Acting as the point of contact for own discipline with other Lead Designers and the like.
- Preparing and coordinating discipline work stage programs for the design process.
- Coordinating the design of constructional elements including work by other disciplines and consultants, specialists, or suppliers.
- Ensuring the form and content of design outputs, their interfaces and verification procedures are in accordance with the requirements of the PQP.
- Contribute to the Consultant Appointment process to identify necessary fees.
- Monitor and report on progress of own discipline to the DTL ensuring that resource utilisation for own discipline remains within the budget agreed.
- Report to the DTL any disruptions to the resource utilisation caused by reasons beyond their own control and otherwise explain any discrepancies in anticipated profitability as soon as such discrepancies become apparent.
What’s on offer:
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive package, with remuneration being dependent upon experience and ability, scope for progression and the opportunity to work with a successful award-winning team to produce innovative, value-added projects for a range of client types. ONE is an equal opportunities employer, Investor in People and provides training and career development opportunities. The role will be based at ONE’s Worcester HQ (Midlands) with the option for some home working. Further details of some of the many benefits of working at ONE can be found here: www.oneltd.com/careers
Don’t delay, apply today:
ONE is looking to make the appointment as soon as possible, once the right candidate is found and so please do not delay your application.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions, or would like an informal chat, please email email@example.com or call 01905 362300.Back To Jobs